[texbirds] Quick Striped Sparrow update - seen today (1/13/15)

  • From: "Rich Kostecke" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "rkost73@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: TexBirds TexBirds Posting <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2015 05:14:03 +0000 (UTC)

Reports and discussion of this bird are occurring across multiple forums.
That is not necessarily resulting in the best or most timely communication of
info on this bird.  I know that many folks have chased it yesterday and today,
most without any luck.  After my initial sighting (1530-1600 on Sunday), it
was seen around 0800 on Monday and apparently there was also a sighting this
afternoon around 1315.  So, the good news is that it is apparently still
around and, after days of miserable weather, the forecast is for conditions to
improve tomorrow through the weekend.  Though, I don't know if that will make
it any easier to find the bird or not.
Rich
 Richard Kostecke, Ph.D.
The Nature Conservancy