[texbirds] Re: Purple Gallinule in Jasper County

  • From: MiriamEagl@xxxxxxx
  • To: littlebitrv@xxxxxxxxxxxx, texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 08:01:47 -0400 (EDT)

Hi, Marie (and all)!

I had them when I visited there back in September of 2011:

http://miriameaglemon.com/Trip%20Reports/Pineywoods/Day%204%20-%20Martin%20D
ies%20SP.html

The vocalizations tipped me off, but the only bird I saw was rather  dull.

MB

Mary Beth  Stowe
McAllen, TX
_www.miriameaglemon.com_ (http://www.miriameaglemon.com/)

In a message dated 7/11/2013 12:52:18 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
littlebitrv@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

This  morning I birded for only an hour while I was looking around Martin
Dies  Jr. State Park. I was surprised to see a Purple Gallinule. I had
birded  here on June 22nd thought I might have seen one mentioned it in
park  headquarters and was told that most probably wasn't as one had
never been  seen here before. So when I got ID photos of one today I
thought I should  most probably mention it was here. If it is normal for
here just forget I  posted this.

Marie Stewart
At Martin Dies Jr. State Park
Jasper  TX

Reposting of traffic from  TEXBIRDS is prohibited without seeking
permission
from the List  Owner