[texbirds] Purple Gallinule in Jasper County

  • From: Marie Stewart <littlebitrv@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 12:51:37 -0500

This morning I birded for only an hour while I was looking around Martin
Dies Jr. State Park. I was surprised to see a Purple Gallinule. I had
birded here on June 22nd thought I might have seen one mentioned it in
park headquarters and was told that most probably wasn't as one had
never been seen here before. So when I got ID photos of one today I
thought I should most probably mention it was here. If it is normal for
here just forget I posted this.

Marie Stewart
At Martin Dies Jr. State Park
Jasper TX