[texbirds] Re: Purple Finches in North Texas

  • From: Tripp Davenport <tripp.davenport@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "rnfriz@xxxxxxx" <rnfriz@xxxxxxx>, "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2014 09:49:22 -0800 (PST)

I saw one in Harris County, Bear Creek Park new years eve, saw 5 house finch in
general area...may have been more purple finches in the area but only observed
one

On Thursday, January 2, 2014 9:00 AM, "rnfriz@xxxxxxx" <rnfriz@xxxxxxx> wrote:

We are not seeing virtually any Purple Finches in North Texas this  year.   Did
the ice storm move them to a new location?

Is  anyone in North Texas experiencing Purple Finches at their feeders?

Bob Friz
Leonard, Texas