[texbirds] Painted Redstart sighting location at Bentsen

  • From: Tim Brush <txbrush5@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TexBirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2014 08:55:17 -0500

I contacted Greg Askew, for location details on his Painted Redstart
sighting at Bentsen from yesterday. Here's his reply:
"When I first saw it the bird was working the trees by the shoreline a
short ways to the left (south?) of the Kingfisher overlook. It then flew to
some trees in the middle of the picnic area and then to the brush on the
opposite side. I lost track of it when it flew deeper into the brush not
far from the start of the Kiskadee Trail. Good luck"

Who knows if this bird will stick around--sounds like it was moving quite a
bit-- but if folks are looking for something else to "chase", here is some
more information

Best regards,
Tim Brush