[texbirds] Collared Plover YES

  • From: "Thompson, Dr. Carol" <CTHOMPSON@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2014 02:51:58 +0000

Short story -Bird appeared late around 8 PM for three observers.  North side of
pond, in sand not at water's edge

Long Story- there from 12-2, farmer came and sprayed and chased three cars away
from dirt road.  We were given temporary access to enter the pond area from the
south.  Left at 2, heat was plain awful.

When I returned at 5:30 that gate was locked.  Hung out on south side, but
birds a long way away.  Decided to go back to north side dirt road (wind was
not blowing from the sprayed field).  Scanned from 6:30 or so on. Just as
getting dark, a bird got up out of the brushy area and started walking.  It
never went near the water, just wandered around the sand. Three patient birders
got on the bird.  Hopefully back in the morning.

Carol Thompson
Tarleton State University
Stephenville, TX