[texbirds] Pacific Loon Still in Port O'Connor

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2013 20:13:06 -0500

The PALO is still here, comes in from nowhere late in the evening when
the tides are low , at least for now to water extemely shallow, in
fact we have seen in emerged sand spits..  ...We watched for a while
thru the scope with good looks.  The silly thing actually swam into
the seagrasses near shore for a bit...Very odd..Have never seen it in
the mornings or during the day.....But this activity might be short
lived, already people are pouring into town for the 4th, From now thru
noon Sunday it is gonna be a tough place for birders (or the loon),
The fireworks show (Sat. night) now attracts thousands.   Every motel
and rental in town is said to be booked out.  Town is too small for so
many people and the traffic/parking unpleasant to put it mildly..

Brush Freeman
361-655-7641 Cell
http://texasnaturenotes.blogspot.com/
Finca Alacranes., Utley,Texas