[texbirds] Northern Gannet at Port Aransas Jetty

  • From: Allen Dale <alamo.allen.dale@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TexBirds Post <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2013 16:17:36 -0600

Yesterday, at 2pm in the fog, a Northern Gannet flew in from the Gulf of
Mexico the full length of the south jetty towards town.  A few minutes
later it returned along the jetty and disappeared out to sea.  I had the
good fortune to see and photograph the bird.  It was a lifer for me.  Here
is one of the photos:
http://www.pbase.com/allen_dale/image/148313758

Regards,

Allen Dale