[texbirds] Flammulated Owl - SPI

  • From: Reid & Pam Allen <2birders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TEXBIRDS (Messages)" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2013 17:14:42 -0600

The owl was still being seen at 3PM today.  It was in a tree south of
the log bench, just west of the pagoda, on the south side of the South
Padre Island Convention Center.  The bird was VERY hard to see as it was
behind a number of leaves.
I assume it will move tonight as it searches for food, so it could be
anywhere tomorrow.  In any event, we all hope you will respect this rare
visitor and not use flash on your camera, and not disturb the bird in
any way.

Reid & Pam Allen
South Padre Island, Texas
West Des Moines, Iowa