[texbirds] MISSISSIPPI KITE IN PEARLAND

  • From: "Mira M Pellerin" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "mirampellerin@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 May 2014 17:16:04 -0400 (EDT)

Yesterday afternoon, about 5 PM, I saw a Mississippi Kite flying over my street
while out riding my trike; we were both fighting strong SSE winds, gusting to
about 25 mph.  But, it appeared that the kite was having a harder time than I
was, making headway, since I outweigh it by quite  bit, and because it was
flying about 100 feet off the ground!  I often see individual Mississippi kites
in my area, during the early spring (February), and through the summer; I
figure they must be nesting somewhere around here, but I have not found a nest
yet.

Mira M. Pellerin