[texbirds] Louisiana Waterthrush at Colorado Bend SP

  • From: Arman <armanmoreno@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2014 16:00:00 -0600

Camping this weekend and was astonished to see a LOWA at Gorman Falls, within
Colorado Bend SP. My wife spotted it first and before I could get my bins up I
noticed the bright, white supercilium and bobbing action characteristic of a
waterthrush. I ruled out NOWA based on very warm, pinkish flanks and vent and
reduced amount of stripping on the breast and throat. The supercilium was also
incredibly white. In fact, I have never seen a waterthrush this bright. The
brown back almost appeared rufous. I did not have my camera with me but did see
it several times around one of the pools near the deck before losing sight.
This is by far the latest I've ever seen one.

Arman Moreno
Austin, TX

Sent from my iPhoneEdit your Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at