[texbirds] Christmas Bird Count dates

  • From: Bill Wright <wmewrght@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2014 14:00:05 -0600

I guess I am too much of a numbers guy. But here are the number of
counts in Texas that have been announced for each day this year. Maybe
this will help those who have not yet set the date for their count to
pick the date.

12/15 - 2 counts
12/16 - none
12/17 - 1 count
12/18 - 3 counts
12/19 - 1 count
12/20 - 12 counts
12/21 - 1 count
12/22 - 0 counts
12/23 - 1 count
12/24-25 - none
12/26 - 1 count
12/27 - 5 counts
12/28 - 1 count
12/29 - 0 count
12/30 - 3 counts
12/31 - 0 counts
1/1 - 4 counts
1/2 - 2 counts
1/3 - 5 counts
1/4 - none
1/5 - 1 count

The Houston Audubon website maintains a list of Texas counts
<http://www.houstonaudubon.org/default.aspx?MenuItemID=1105&MenuGroup=CBC#txkv>.

So when you schedule your bird count, be sure to send an email to
webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with the information on your count.

Bill Wright
Houston, TX
life member TOS