[texbirds] Local Patch

  • From: Dan Smith <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds Maillist <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2013 12:50:31 -0500

I spent a bit more than 2-1/2 hours at Roy Guerrera River Park this morning and
tallied 37 species, including an FOS Yellow Warbler.Two Broad-winged Hawks
lifted from the woods near the frisbee golf course shortly after I arrived,
found a thermal and headed up and out. Singing Summer Tanager, but all in all
pretty sparse on small migrants today.  I'm a bit disappointed not to have
gotten Western Kingbird this morning. They've been very reliable in that park
over the years, so I expected it to be one of the first places they'd show up.
But no.

Dan Smith
dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
512-451-2632