[texbirds] Lake Creek Trail (WOW) -- Sunday 28th

  • From: Elliott Gordon <tengalloncat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TexBirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2013 13:22:18 -0500

It never disappoints. Well, I did miss phalarope, baird's and semipalmated
sandpiper, black-chinned hummingbird, blue-winged teal, house wren. Others
reported Gray Catbird and Pied-billed Grebe. Seems like 75+ species this
weekend.
I birded with Mikael Behrens and many others (Laura Lefler, Wes, Jane
Tillman). Everyone else stayed mainly before the footbridge, I made a quick
run to the Parmer Village pond (a Little Blue Heron was hunting). Typical
for this location, I had 6 egret/heron species and 6 shorebird species.

Tennessee Warbler (singing male)
Yellow Warbler (brilliant male)
Blue-winged Warbler (short look as I went to alert Mikael)
Brown Thrasher (in woods next to neighborhood)
Orchard Oriole (chattering between trail and neighborhood)
Yellow-breasted Chat (singing between trail and neighborhood)
Black-throated Green-Warbler (singing near parking lot)
Philadelphia Vireo (at least three, two singing, great looks)

Elliott Gordon
AF5HH
NW Austin