[texbirds] Katy Prairie White-tailed Kites

  • From: James Hinson <jmhinson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 08:11:10 -0800 (PST)

There sure is a lot of White-tailed Kites out on the Katy Prairie this winter,
both in Waller and Harris County's. I've seen, and heard more reports of kites
out there than I've ever seen in the 14 years I've birded out there, but that's
just me. They have always been reliable down at the coast, and I was especially
impressed with John Tharps sightings numbers down there a week ago. Wonder what
numbers were like around here 15-20 years or so ago. Great looking bird. I like
'em. Thoughts?

Jim Hinson
Houston, Tx.