[texbirds] Hudsonian Godwits @ Estero-- Friday update, still here!

  • From: John Yochum <John.Yochum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 May 2014 18:53:33 +0000

We had school groups in Wednesday, Thursday AND Friday (hundreds of school
children!) but the shorebirds didn't even seem to notice, especially not the
male and female Hudsonian Godwits, here for their fourth consecutive day!
A special thank you to the Stanfords for their precise reporting while we were
so busy with the children!

John Yochum
Park Naturalist
Estero Llano Grande State Park
Weslaco TX
956-565-3919

You need never be bored again! It's better outside! May's activities:
Every Saturday: Guided Bird Walk at 8:30
Every Sunday: Bird Walk 8:30, Tram Tour 2pm
Every Wednesday: Guided Bird Walk at 8:30
Every Friday: Butterfly/Dragonfly Walk 1:30pm
Night Hikes (every full and new moon May 28   8pm-10pm
Join us on Facebook!