[texbirds] Hazel Bazemore BBOD

  • From: "Judy Kestner" <jkestner@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Texbirds posts" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 07:39:15 -0600

Yesterday I birded my 7.5 mile radius patch in Nueces and San Patricio
counties.  It was windy and I got a late start, but the temperature was perfect
and I had some good birds.
At a small feed lot in Edroy I again had hordes of Brewer's Blackbirds, and in
Odem, a handful of Eastern Bluebirds (where I previously tallied over 2 dozen).

A White-tailed Hawk patrols the area of the Joe Fulton Corridor at McKinzie
Lane, and there he/she was again.  Also, the pond at the new Veterans' Cemetery
held two Bufflehead and an immature male Northern Shoveler.  I hope they let
some vegetation grow around that pond -- good potential!

At Hazel Bazemore, I had an Audubon's Warbler (Best Bird of the Day = BBOD) and
a Cooper's Hawk that flew into a tree and sat and posed for about 10-12 minutes.

Judy Kestner
Corpus Christi