[texbirds] Re: A short visit to Gillespie Co. Woodcock etc.

  • From: Mitch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 09:15:58 -0600

Hi all,

I saw TWO Woodcocks here in Utopia recently, and a got a great
description of two displaying a few miles northwest of town in Bandera
Co., also in January.  One of those two landed on a deer blind mere
feet from observer while another continued displaying.

So that is four at least and I wouldn't be surprised if it were the
tip of the iceberg considering coverage and effort at the right
times/places.

Mitch Heindel
Utopia
www.utopianature.com

   Pretty much the standard fare when it came to