[texbirds] Re: Gray Kingbird Refound, Palacios

  • From: Ruth <twofried@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "sgross77@xxxxxxxxxxx" <sgross77@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2013 10:58:29 -0500

Below are approximate GPS coordinates for Gray Kingbird. Same as yesterday
afternoon.  Still being seen at 10am on 3 July.
I arrived at 7 this morning to try and re-locate the kingbird and some better
pics.  No luck for over an hour.  I was about ready to expand my search when at
8:15, the bird flew from the palm trees at the entrance to Beachside and onto
the telephone wire.  Hummmm, was the bird roosting in the palms and waiting for
the sun to wake up the bugs before flying out to the wire....

At least 3 other birders have enjoyed the kingbird so far this morning.  I'll
continue to post updates throughout the weekend; then back to the 'salt mines'
in Houston.

Latitude and Longitude (Decimal)        Latitude and Longitude (ddd.mm.ss)
Latitude:       28.6970325      Latitude:       N  28°   41′   49.32″
Longitude:      -96.2434430     Longitude:      W  96°   14′   36.39″

Thanks,
Bob Friedrichs
Houston Texas, temporarily in Palacios