[texbirds] Garner State Park 5/19/2014

  • From: "Paul Brick" <pbrick@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 10:18:50 -0500

My wife and I camped at Garner State Park in the Live Oak camping section
(space 360) on Sunday and Monday night. We picked that space because the
nice lady (birder) that had been there the whole week said she took real
good care of the birds. Just at our campsite we saw:

Painted buntings, adult and immature males and females

Olive sparrow

Lark sparrow

Vesper sparrow

Chipping sparrow

Blue grosbeak, male

Families of house finches with fledglings

Yellow breasted chat

Summer tanagers, male and female

Bronzed cowbird

Brown headed cowbird

In the park we saw:

Golden cheeked warbler, males singing

Families of black and white warblers with fledglings

Turkeys

Black chinned hummers

Vermillion flycatchers, males

Great crested flycatcher