[texbirds] Fwd: eBird Report - Riverpark Brazos Trail (Sugar Land), Apr 28, 2013

  • From: Mark Scheuerman <mark.scheuerman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TexBirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2013 12:14:01 -0500

The significant rains last night put quite a few migrants down in the
RiverPark woods. John Berner joined me for the morning and added 4 species
to his Ft Bend list. I was able to add several to my Patch list including
Cerulean & Blackburnian Warblers, Philly Vireos, Scarlet Tanagers, Veery,
Wood & Gray-cheeked Thrushes, and Black-billed Cuckoo. I will check the
woods later today as well. See full list below.
Mark Scheuerman
Sugar Land, TX

Riverpark Brazos Trail (Sugar Land), Fort Bend, US-TX
Apr 28, 2013 7:30 AM - 11:00 AM
Protocol: Traveling
1.5 mile(s)
Comments:     Major thunderstorm rain event last night. 3+ inches of rain
here. Rain stopped right before daylight and there was a good grounding of
migrants. Lots of thrushes, tanagers, orioles, buntings, Tennessee Warbs,
and a smattering of other warbs. John Berner was able to add 4 species to
his Ft Bend List.
72 species

Black-bellied Whistling-Duck  2
Snowy Egret  1
Little Blue Heron  1
Yellow-crowned Night-Heron  1
Black Vulture  1
Turkey Vulture  2
Cooper's Hawk  1
Red-shouldered Hawk  2
Broad-winged Hawk  1
Killdeer  1
Rock Pigeon  2
White-winged Dove  5
Mourning Dove  18
Inca Dove  2
Yellow-billed Cuckoo  5
Black-billed Cuckoo  1     Cuckoo with all black bill, red orbital ring,
and little or no rufous in wing. Also responded to call and called/sang.
Also seen by John.
Chimney Swift  6
Ruby-throated Hummingbird  6
Red-bellied Woodpecker  5
Downy Woodpecker  4
Eastern Wood-Pewee  8
Acadian Flycatcher  3
Great Crested Flycatcher  5
Eastern Kingbird  4
White-eyed Vireo  3
Yellow-throated Vireo  1
Warbling Vireo  6
Philadelphia Vireo  3
Red-eyed Vireo  25
Blue Jay  5
American Crow  3
Purple Martin  6
Barn Swallow  3
Cliff Swallow  5
Carolina Chickadee  15
Tufted Titmouse  5
Carolina Wren  18
Eastern Bluebird  1
Veery  6
Gray-cheeked Thrush  4
Swainson's Thrush  35     Big grounding of these due to the night's rain.
They were seen/heard everywhere. Many even way up in the trees. Number is
conservative
Wood Thrush  8     Higher than expected number of these due to the night's
rain event and grounding of birds.
Gray Catbird  5
Northern Mockingbird  3
European Starling  6