[texbirds] Fwd: BirdsEye-Midland, 3300-3596 West County Road 113-2014-5-1

  • From: Donna Kelly <dkelly163@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 May 2014 14:23:14 -0500

We are currently "residents" of Midland Co, having migrated away from the
coast over the last month. Haven't posted Midland Co birds for sometime,
but this morning needs to be shared. After an early appointment, we arrived
at a local hotspot, a private residence,  about 11 AM and quickly found
some excellent migrants. The residents have an excellent backyard habitat
complete with small pond and water feature. With the continuing drought
conditions, birds are generally scarce to nonexistent.  We have a county
wide Big Day coming up on Saturday, May 3. If your in the area and want to
participate, give me a shout.
Highlights were Green-tailed and Spotted Towhees, Ovenbird, Rose-breasted
Grosbeak, and Summer Tanager with a fly-over of Black-crowned Night-heron.

Observer: dkelly163
2014-05-01 11:05
Midland,
Protocol: Stationary
90 Minutes
Observers: 2
All birds reported? Yes
    1    Black-crowned Night-Heron
    X    Eurasian Collared-Dove
    10    White-winged Dove
    X    Mourning Dove
    3    Black-chinned Hummingbird
    1    Great Kiskadee    black and white head yellow breast cinnamon
wings and body very familiar with species after 3 months in valley seen at
this same location in pre ious years
    X    Western Kingbird
    X    Blue Jay
    X    Barn Swallow
    X    Cliff Swallow
    2    Verdin
    2    Bewick's Wren
    2    Cactus Wren
    2    Curve-billed Thrasher
    1    Northern Mockingbird
    1    Ovenbird    large eyering streaked breast cap on head
    1    Wilson's Warbler
    1    Green-tailed Towhee
    1    Spotted Towhee
    3    White-crowned Sparrow
    1    Summer Tanager
    1    Rose-breasted Grosbeak
    2    Great-tailed Grackle
    1    Bronzed Cowbird
    1    Brown-headed Cowbird
    2    Bullock's Oriole
    1    House Finch

This report was created and sent using BirdsEye BirdLog
(http://<http://birdseyebirding.com/>
birdseyebirding.com/ <http://birdseyebirding.com/>)

--
Donna Kelly