[texbirds] Frontera Audubon Thicket, 1/8/12

  • From: antshrike1@xxxxxxx
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2013 17:13:56 -0500 (EST)

A break in the weather found me at Frontera Audubon Thicket in Weslaco.
Despite strong winds and a few rain drops I enjoyed the afternoon and picked up
a couple of new patch birds for the year.  Didn't see any of the Zone-tails.
Several times I thought I heard the whistled "seeooooo" of a Crimson-collared
Grosbeak.  It may have been the local Gray Hawk but it didn't sound right.  A
Pyrrhuloxia continues in the orange grove

Frontera Audubon Center, Hidalgo, US-TX
Jan 8, 2013 12:50 PM - 3:50 PM
Protocol: Traveling
1.0 mile(s)