[texbirds] Forwarded request for information on Big Bend Area birding

  • From: Jim Sinclair <jim.sinclair@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2014 09:17:17 -0600

This is a request from Mike Moser (Home) <moser008@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Minneapolis, MN, (612) 616-5153.
Please reply directly to him.  Thanks!

I have a few more questions  for you, hope you don’t mind. We are planning
a trip to Big Bend NP over Thanksgiving 2015,and want to get your thoughts
on a couple of things:

1.       Although April/May would be the best time to see birds from what
I’ve read, how would the Thanksgiving time frame be for birds (probably no
Colma warbler, for sure).

2.       Seems like this would be a good place to be on a tour, since any
guide we hooked up with would probably have to drive a long way to meet up
with us?

3.       Do you have any recommendations as far as good tour operators for
Big Bend?

4.       4. How about recommendations for solo bird guides that work Big
Bend?

--
Jim Sinclair (TX-ESA)
TOS Life Member

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of
thinking we were at when we created them." - Albert Einstein