[texbirds] Flammulated Owl

  • From: Truett Cantrell <tcantrell52@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Texbirds'" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 17:54:19 -0600

I made a quick trip down to see the Owl this morning.  I saw the owl as soon
as I arrived, 6 people were already viewing the owl when I got there.
After birding the WBC I headed over to Old Isabel Road where I found 2
Aplomado Falcons near the first hacking platform.  On the way home I saw a
very nice male mallard with 4 mottled duck in a small field pond near the
Kenedy County line.  First time I've seen a Mallard this far south. Good day
birding..

Skip Cantrell

Portland, TX