[texbirds] Falls County Red-headed Woodpecker

  • From: "Frank Bumgardner" <fbumgardner@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'texbirds'" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 May 2014 21:55:20 -0500

Jeanette and I had an immature Red-headed Woodpecker at the Hillcrest
Cemetery on FM 147 outside of Marlin at approximately 15:10 hours today. It
was not completely into adult plumage. First that we have observed in Falls
County. Jeanette's 99th  species in the county, which she followed with
several Common Nighthawks to give her 100 for the county.

Frank Bumgardner

China Spring, TX