[texbirds] Re: Empidonax in Hardin County

  • From: Rich Kostecke <rkost73@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2013 08:00:44 -0700 (PDT)

Actually, about on time.  The first fall migrant Empidonax (Least probably
being the most expected species) usually start showing
up in late July and that seems to hold true for a fairly large swath of
the state.  Yesterday I had 5 Least and 1 Alder/Willow at Lake Travis in Austin
(Travis Co.).  Not surprising that some were around, though I
thought it was a particularly strong showing for the date.
Rich

Richard Kostecke, Ph.D.
The Nature Conservancy
318 Congress Ave., Austin, Texas 78701