[texbirds] Cypress Birds

  • From: engintsf@xxxxxxx
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 14:51:17 -0400 (EDT)

It seems to be an odd year in Cypress. We’ve had many fewer winter residents
(except 1,000+ Cedar Waxwings) than usual on the CyFair campus and spring
migration has largely passed us by to date. (I thought yesterday’s cold front
would produce migrants but, as far as I can see, none have turned up at the
college or at home.) Meanwhile, our yards at home have had more winter
residents than ever before. Today our yard feeders still have Orange-crowned
Warbler, Red-breasted and Brown-headed Nuthatches, Chipping Sparrows and
American Goldfinches. Almost all of the male Goldfinches are in more or less
full breeding plumage.

Jeff Mohamed
Cypress