[texbirds] Common Crane

  • From: Anthony Hewetson <fattonybirds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2014 16:15:19 -0600

Greetings All:
It would be fantastic if more folk would post their sightings of the Common
Crane to texbirds.  A lot of folk don't facebook (or don't facebook the
right people) and it is devilishly hard for regional compilers to track so
many social media at once.

For example, was the bird seen on the 23rd.  If so, I either didn't get the
texbirds post or no posts were made.  The former is certainly possible
though I do think I am getting every texbirds post made now that I got rid
of my yahoo account.  The latter seems more likely and, if so, this made it
very hard for me to answer the ten-twenty e-mails I got yesterday asking if
the bird was still being seen.

So, in advance, my heartfelt appreciation to everybody who posts their
sighting of this bird to texbirds.

As far as there being two Common Cranes, this is the first I've heard about
it .... and I would love to get more details about when, where, and who saw
two birds.

Anthony 'Fat Tony' Hewetson; Lubbock