[texbirds] Calliope Hummingbird at Russ Pitman Park - January 16th

  • From: Erik Breden <erik.breden@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TexBirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 00:23:26 -0600

TexBirders,

When I got up this morning, the sun was shining and the sky was blue.
I decided to take one more shot  at the Calliope Hummingbird at Russ
Pitman Park in Bellaire (Houston). The bird was quite cooperative and
even flew with 2 feet of my head to investigate the University of
Texas cap that I was wearing. The word "TEXAS" is embroidered across
the front in UT burnt orange...he was presumably attracted by the
color of the thread used in the stitching (he did this several times
throughout my visit).

A few more photos can be seen at:

www.otterside.com/winter2013

Enjoy!