[texbirds] Brooks Co. Painted Redstart - YES!

  • From: madi.s44@xxxxxxx
  • To: Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 21:16:47 -0500

Since there had been a recent report of someone sighting this bird, I decided
to veer from my normal route home from San Antonio and chose 281 South instead
of 37/77.  After searching for the bird at the water feature north of the
restrooms, and then walking south to the end of the area, I spotted him at a
picnic table on my way back north.  Didn't have my good camera with me - of
course, since birding wasn't on my schedule :(  -  so I grabbed my little
point-and-shoot to see if I could re-find him.  Wasn't at the picnic table, but
he had now flown north and was at the water feature, sharing bath duty with
Lesser Goldfinch and Eastern Bluebirds.  Also found a Summer Tanager and
Baltimore Oriole there (only got pix of the Bluebirds and Tanager).

Madeleine Sandefur
Laguna Vista

Sent from my iPadEdit your Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at