[texbirds] American Bittern continues at Estero

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "imhuck3@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 21:32:35 -0400

Howdy Texbirders,
 I saw the American Bittern again at the same spot in Dowitcher Pond as
yesterday. Also found a juv. Purple Gallinule on the south side of Ibis Pond.
It seem very skittish even though it was still back in the cattails a foot or
so and took flight but still stayed in the pond. Hope we can relocate both
species Sat. and Sun. morning bird walks, y'all come now, ya hear.
 Bird for your health,
 Forget your worries,
 You'll be happier.

 Huck Hutchens, Park Host, Estero Llano Grande SP
 Weslaco, TX