[texbirds] Brazoria NWR, Brazoria County, Saturday

  • From: Ed Hunter <ed111db@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2013 03:49:10 -0700 (PDT)

I have been remiss in not posting earlier.
   Had what appeared to be 2 species of Godwits in the Refuge.  Bill
differences, color differences, and underwing patch differences made me wonder.

   Orchard Oriolefly-by at Cross-Lakes.
   The Avocets were still wearing the cinnamonplumage.  2 Moorehens er Common
Gallinules and one Coot in the open water.
    With the 107F heat and minimal humidity (!!) it was actually pleasant under
shade and the 'gators and 'skeeters were taking a holiday.
   Dedicated the Al Clarke pavilion at the refuge.  I'll miss him.
Ed Hunter
Houston

AXIOM 1 Racing

from the first axiom off Murphy's Law: