[texbirds] Re: Bird question

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gcwarbler <gcwarbler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2014 15:43:48 -0500

Yes all...Sorry Ebird  We never expected Ebird or PCs much like our mentors
in the 50's-60's expected the TBRC...Better notes would have been better
but so would have microwaves, credit cards and Mr. Coffees in those days.
We try to reconstuct as best we can, but it is often impossible...Many of
the trip lists I have do not even include totals, just species seen so an
"X" would be the default.  Yes I can narrow down where we had "Mexican"
Crow was but on the same lists there might be Verdin, Rufous-crowned
Sparrows, Ringed Kingfishers, Hook-billed Kites etc.  I guess I could still
sort out a lot of birds, especially at Bensten SP before its decline or
some finds below Falcon Dam...but only a few.....I guess Ebird just has its
limitations, but for a state the size of Texas, I wish it could be broken
into the major regions for such historical lists...My memory is far too
short to remember the details from 30-40 years ago on the birds of lesser
interest where ever they were except by region even tho the notes are
there..
Brush Freeman
503-551-5150 Cell
120 N. Red Bud Trail. Elgin, Tx. 78621