[texbirds] Re: Bird question

  • From: Chuck Sexton <gcwarbler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TexBirds TexBirds Posting <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2014 15:06:47 -0500

Brush,

I assume this is an eBird question.  It’s a situation that all of us
long-in-the-tooth birders are familiar with.  I have had to just pass over
any/all of those early trip lists if I cannot legitimately assign the records
to a specific location or county.  In a few cases, where I know the areas I
birded, I can tease out (for eBird purposes) partial lists for given locations.
 I’m fortunate in many cases where my field journal just had an overall weekend
list but I marked up and saved a field checklist for specific venues like Big
Bend National Park or Padre Island National Seashore.  All in all, I’d say at
least 50% of my earliest birding lists are of no use to eBird for the very
reasons you are bemoaning.  Such is eBird!

Chuck Sexton
Austin, TXEdit your Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at