[texbirds] Bastrop CBC ...in part

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2013 16:51:15 -0600

Brent Ortego and I teamed up to do a portion of the regular post fire bird
survey and today's CBC...It was incredibly birdy...We were able at times to
attract flocks of passerines that number over well over 200 birds...Not
counting robins and woodpeckers .  I think we finished with 91-92 species
just between us, but he will get a chance to look over the list and numbers
for any need corrections...Dang he made me keep score too, drat his hide..
I am going to send in the list in general for the Count Down...It was one
of the birdiest Bastrop CBCs I have personally ever been on...I am eager to
see the entire count's results!...We had some good stuff and ma sure others
did as well.
--
Brush Freeman
Independent and affiliated Field Biologist