[texbirds] BBSP Thanks TOS and OG Birding Enthusiasts

  • From: William Godley <fribbish@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 11:49:26 -0600

Thanks Birding Enthusiasts! Friday and Saturday witnessed several groups fo
TOS, Houston OG and other enthusiasts at Brazos Bend State Park in wonderful
weather.  In addition to the early morning and all day events, the two days
were capped off at the 40 Acre Lake Observation Tower at dusk yesterday to
witness the "Bird Blizzard" - an every day occurence in the winter months.  A
large crowd viewed a beautiful sunset and, pehaps a half million birds return
to the park for their socializing and rest.  The total species for each hike on
Friday and Saturday was likely in the 80-100 range for all groups.  Therer were
plenty of highlights which will likely be reported by the sponsoring
organization. The BBSP park staff and volunteer organization thank you for your
attendance and continued interest in with park.  We appreciate your
contributions to our website "Bird Sightings" through texbirds and other means.
 This allows us to keep you well informed of our current feathered friends!
Again, Thank you and we hope to see you back again soon! Bill GodleyBBSP
volunteerNeedville, TX