[texbirds] At the cabin

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 11:25:14 -0600

  I have been in the woods cutting drought kilt dead trees all morning.  It
is addicting as one after another come down, opening sky I have never been
able to view from the yard previously (tho I hated losing the trees). But
from time to time I notice a few things like the Brown Creeper, the RB
Nuthatches,  fly over Caracaras chasing each other about, and especially
the chickadees.  Chickadees that are seriously interested in the nest box
they raised young in last year.   They have made at least a dozen visits
this morning but I was too far away to see if they were actually carrying
any of the little bits of tree moss which they prefer.  Last year they had
the nest fully constructed and with eggs by the end of Feb.  The cardinals
are blaring out their songs as are the titmice and the pair of
Red-shouldered Hawks are calling endlessly.
I love common birds.

--
Brush Freeman
Independent and affiliated Field Biologist