[techtalk] Re: Time for a new computer

  • From: Thomas Hurst <tom.hurst@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 13:19:33 +0100

* Andrew Davidson (andrew@xxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> I'd echo this - I got my Mac Mini a few months ago, and am running OS X
> on it.  I've had no problems, and do actually prefer it to Vista and
> Windows 7.  So much in fact I'm trying to convince the boss we need a
> Mac Pro or two at work.  I've found no reason to go back to Windows.

I have a Mac Mini.  It doesn't impress me in the slightest, and I'm not
paying.. er, shit, they've gone up in price; I'm not paying £1,900 for a
machine with 1/4 of slower memory and fewer expansion options.  I have
no interest in dual booting, and do actually quite enjoy a lot of games.

And no, a console is *not* a reasonable alternative.  My PS3 does much
the same as my Mac Mini; gathers dust and acts all disappointing when
it's on.

--
Thomas 'Freaky' Hurst
    http://hur.st/