[techtalk] Re: Laptop options

  • From: Paul Ferguson <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 21:01:35 +0000

Andrew Davidson wrote:

My Dell XPS m1330 ran EVE fine, no problems at all.  Dual 2.5GHz, 8400M video,
4GB RAM.  You should get one used for that money.

Hmm I have to admit I`m wary of buying 2nd hand/refurbs unless I can actually
see
the item in question. Their idea of a "blemish" may not match mine after all ;)
I`ll take a look around anyway - thanks for the suggestion

Had a few minutes to myself today, took a peek at Acer Direct and found this:

http://www.acerdirect.co.uk/Acer_Aspire_5738G_Laptop_LX.PEX02.045/version.asp

I`m really haven`t kept up with the state of laptop tech recently so would value
opinions.

Cheers
Paul