[TechAssist] what to do with 14 and 15 inch computer monitors?

  • From: Gary McCartney <gary@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 09:36:29 -0500

In my storage room, I have maybe 15 to 20 units of 14 and 15 inch
computer monitors (SVGA type), and mostly all in need of some kind of
repair. I am trying to decide if I should go through them all and try to
repair some of the ones that look the best or would hopefully be simple
repairs, or if I should just trash them all and save my time.

-Are any of us repairing these monitors any more?

-Is the public still buying used 14 or 15 inch monitors with or without
an old used computer?

-if they are still buying these monitors, what kind of price do they
bring?

Will any of you be looking for parts off the chassis in the future? If
so, maybe I can save all the chassis for parts sales on my future web
site.

If all these questions point to the obsolesence of these small monitors
and nobody is interested any more, I will start junking these things.

Thanks for any feedback.
--

Gary McCartney

McCartney Electronics