[TechAssist] Re: use a battery backup UPS for TV,DVD,surroundamp system protection ?

  • From: Phil Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 May 2004 14:44:12 -0400

Shoot, jerry why are your facts so depressing!
Seriously, I called APC, and the tech said the "stepped sine wave"
versions may not work satisfactorily with , say, an engraving machine
(My next door neighbor has a trophy shop). he suggested their better
Smart UPS line, I think its called.Anyway, it would be sort of self
defeating to destroy the very thing you are wanting to protect...
Phil Bader