[TechAssist] Re: use a battery backup UPS for TV,DVD,surround ampsystem protection ?

  • From: Kevin <kevintv@xxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 May 2004 02:30:17 -0700

Using a UPS for a computer is also designed to save what a person is
working on at the time of a power outage.  When the power goes out the
computer stays on and the person can save his work and then shut the
computer down properly.  In some cases it will also prevent data from
being corrupted on the hard drive when the power goes out.  Having the
power outage causes windows to shut down improperly, which could corrupt
data on the hard drive.

Kevin Wilks
Kevin's TV & Video Repair
Penticton BC Canada