[TechAssist] Re: sony vcr slv750hf

  • From: tvdoctors@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 03 Mar 2002 10:16:31 -0800

Lighter fluid to check for arcing? Good way to burn some people up, sounds like
to me. Even for small spaces's. Might get a little too much on the circuit
board, then POOF, don't have to worry about fixing this set anymore.

> ** Original Subject: RE: [Declasses] Re: Sony vcr slv750hf
> ** Original Sender: IC WYATT <wyattstv@xxxxxxxxx>
> ** Original Date: Sun,  3 Mar 2002 07:52:52 -0500 (EST)

> ** Original Message follows...

> Try using lighter fluid on the susoected area, turn
> the lights off and observe for arcing. You can see bad
> solder connection also. Cover snall area at a time.
> --- Lynn B <lynns@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Hi all: Just a thought. I use a bright lite behind
> > the circuit boared hen
> > looking for
> > cracks. I know sometimes that is not easy to do on
> > these vcrs. On some you
> > will
> > need to dismantle the unit, by removing the load
> > assembly, then remove the
> > mother
> > board, and perhaps other circuit boards, to be able
> > to get it out. This is
> > because
> > the bottom of the case is not removeable.
> > Lynns Electronics lynns@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> >  "It's better to have a sense of humor than no sense
> > at all"

TV Doctors    108 W. Main St. Monroe,Wa. 98272    360-794-6469

SUBJECT field to the address above.