[TechAssist] Re: sony kv36fv15 bad video. second request

  • From: Phil Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 14:23:55 -0500

I cut/pasted from my search thru my emails about "Sony" plus "smear"
here's the result:
Phil Bader

Subject: [TechAssist] Re: Sony KV 29XBR85 pix smeared w/silver blotches

 I believe that model has the CXA1477AS jungle IC in it which is most
likely  the culprit.
 KV29XBR85:
 >From Sony:
The original comb filter, DC1390 (SBX1653-01), on the B1
board is no longer available. The glass type, part# 1-464-880-11, can be
used in place, with very little noticeable difference in picture quality.

I can email you the modification that goes with the
new comb filter cct.
Panday
same model above:Subject
      PICTURE SMEARED, REPLACED DIGITAL COMB FILTER ON B1 BOARD
Subject: [tv-repair] fix, Sony KV32S12 32" TV video distorted, smear?]]]]

FIX: CM401.

The comb filter location "CM401" on rear input CBA I ordered fixed
it.See thread below for details.
Philip Bader
Jan Phyl TV Inc
Winter Haven, Fl.
tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Fulton Radio (1-800-248-0898 parts)was very helpful. They offer Sony
tech assist to their "active" parts customers. Another
words, you need to patronise them.Understandable.
On the rear "UA" board (the one with the audio/video jacks). He said to
replace the comb filter "CM401". some versions have two.
Part# 1-467-554-21 , available at Fultons. (resembles a crystal delay
line, black, square, 1"X1/2" approx)
We are pretty sure this is the fix, but will verify after installation
later this week.
Phil Bader

Phil Bader wrote:
Phil, check for R396 physically shorting out FSC signal to comb
filter.Check  FSC at pin 13 of comb for distortion. Gerry
Phil I'm not familiar with the FSC signal. I pulled the tip off the Sony
website. It specifically said "Ghosting in video but S video works". I
would really look for that resistor to see if it is touching a
component. If I find the location I'll post it. Gerry
--
Gerard Cichocki
TEK Enterprises

 >> Fulton Radio (1-800-248-0898 parts)was very helpful. They offer Sony
tech assist
 >> to their "active" parts customers. Another
 >> words, you need to patronise them.Understandable.
 >> On the rear "UA" board (the one with the audio/video jacks). He said
to replace
 >> the comb filter "CM401". some versions have two.
 >> Part# 1-467-554-21 , available at Fultons. (resembles a crystal
delay line,
 >> black, square, 1"X1/2" approx)
 >> We are pretty sure this is the fix, but will verify after
installation later
 >> this week.
 >> Phil Bader

 >> location # of the comb and elaborate on "FSC".

Above are cut and pasted from Sony tech assist emails for assorted
madels. Hope they help. I tried to cut away all the fluff and just print
the meat.
Phil Bader

Avery Boyd wrote:

>Has anyone worked on a model kv36fv15 Sony for a bad smear to the right of
>the images. Need help thanks. Avery
>Avery Boyd
>4666B S. Mingo
>Tulsa OK 74146
>Phone 918-665-2400

>Lost Password:
>Email Archives:

Philip Bader
Jan Phyl TV Inc. (estab. 1976)
3420 Recker Hwy. Winter Haven, Fl. 33880
Fax (863) 299-8821
email: tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx