[TechAssist] precision TV model # ptv-2066A no colour

  • From: "Junior E Hurdle" <jselectronics@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 11:51:24 -0100

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Junior E Hurdle
  To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Wednesday, May 29, 2002 1:37 AM
  Subject: difference between TA8680n &TA8680bn

  Is there a difference between TA8680N  and TA8680BN ?  I am working on this
presision television that has no colour.
  (I Have Repaired the power supply to correct another fault).
  Ireplaced the TA8680BN with a TA8680N  every thing else is working fine
except that there is no colour.
  On pin 42 of the IC there is a 3v that changes only when i desolder the pin
from the circuit. (I.e  when i adjust the colour the voltage on pin 42 remains
at 3v . if i desolder the pin it varies from 0 to 8 v)
  The ta8680n is a new IC and i have sence tried it in a rca and it works
perfect. So is there some difference in these two
  ICs?
  Thank You.
  Junior Hurdle.

  http://www.tech-assist.org/change.html