[TechAssist] Re: need universal remote for visually impaired

  • From: "Lyles Tv" <tech@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2002 16:30:26 -0600

I had tried google all ready at that point.  Anyone I know, that uses google
alot, I show how to install the google bar.  I hadn't found anything when I
sent out a cry for help (cristmas eve day)  I did find what I believe should
be a very hot item   www.invoca.com  Check it out.  A voice recognition
remote control that recognizes 4 different people, and memorizes 50
different commands, and also utilizes command macros.  Walk into the room
and say "movietime"  and it will fire up everything under that macro.  I
suppose you are just getting around to catching up on messages, and will
have seen this before.
  I am thinking about getting one and setting some code to turn on my
computer with an IR reciever on it.  Walk into the room and say  "computer
on"  Then say "what are you doing HAL?"  And have it say back "nothing
dave---uh--I mean Jeff"  lol   You could set the codes so that it would
appear that the computer is having a conversation with you.  The
possibilities using the PC are all most endless.  I have to assume a voice
recognition PC card cannot be far off at all.
Jeff Farnsworth
Lyles TV and Appliance
17 S Washington St
Elkhorn, Wi.  53121