[TechAssist] Re: mitsubishi cs-27401c

  • From: "Damon" <damon101@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 13:45:32 -0500

Hello, I think you have a mitsubishi tv with a PIP Unit....

If  so you're going to find that a lot of Mitsubishi TVs whose model numbers
were changed from 4 digit (ie ck3231) to five digit (ck35101 or ck35202,
even ck35701) have a stand up PIP module that plugs in and that c7001 leaks
and loses luma. The leakage has been known to also damage the copper trace
connecting  c7001 over to the emitter junction of Q 701 or 7001 (I have no
schematics in front of me, but it is located Catty corner/diagonally from
c7001 in relation to the Pip Ic.

I've seen some techs replace that aluminum cap with a 4.7uf/35wv regular cap
and it works....but I'm leary of wrenching the copper pads off the board.

Hope this helps.  I'll figure out how to auto sign this and get my tech mail
to go to a separate folder later. Easier to check with my boss.

Damon101@xxxxxxxxxxxxx