[TechAssist] "fix" update: tuner? philips/ Mag TS2754, 27B800-7562 shuts down, no vert. IC500...]

  • From: Philip Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 15:21:07 -0500

see thread below: was shutting down,fixed vert,now no tuner op.

Unsolderd the eeprom chip IC346, powered the set up, and it now works
OK. Note the vertical is a bit narrow, and probably several other
parameters wrong, as the set is working without an EEPROM, so is working
under "default" settings.At least I know I must reinitialise, or at
worst replace the eeprom.Is it possible, and wise to reinstall the
old,and enter service mode to record the orig. settings for when I wipe
out  the chip to start over?
Phil Bader

 Friday, December 20, 2002 11:47 AM
update: tuner? philips/ Mag TS2754, 27B800-7562 shuts
> > down, no vert. IC500...
> >
> > I replaced IC500 (TDA9302H), D409 (483513037094, NTE580) and resistor
> > R420 (1 ohm). This restored vertical and stopped shut down. Now, the
> > tuning is off frequency.I select ststions and may hear a bit of the
> > audio but sound and pix if off tune. I do have my +33V, +5 and all other
> > voltages to tuner (I have the force disc).SCL and SDA have pulse
> > activity.
> > Of course I suspect tuner, but any history on this chassis for this
> > tuning defect?
> > Phil Bader
> >
> > Philip Bader wrote:
> > >
> > > The usual IC500 solder breaks on pins destroy IC500 (TDA9302H) and Vcc
> > > resistor to fly R420. What exactly is R420 value? 1 or 10 ohms??
> > > Phil Bader
> > > --

Submit A Repair Tip For Everyone Here: