[TechAssist] Re: closing the shop now will work from home

  • From: "J Silverman" <greentron@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 20:48:43 -0400

Back when I had 7 techs plus support people I had to scramble to keep a
backlog and tried all sorts of advertising including Yellow Pages in towns
70 miles around. Never got hardly anything from the Yellow Pages and finally
when the salesman came around one year and laid down the annual rate
increase I told him "no way" but that I would give them 10% of the gross on
business brought in fromYellow Pages advertising. He burned rubber all the
way out of our parking lot. And that was not an easy trick with a Ford
Pinto.